Ok, story time. Crack the biscuits open.
About a week ago, my Instagram notifications started to go a little crazier than usual. Obviously I instantly panicked and ‘crap, have I accidentally uploaded a photo with my butt cheeks’ sprung to mind but, thankfully not. They were in fact notifications from some of my followers nominating me to post ten facts about myself on my Instagram stories.
Instagram is a bit of an odd ball for me.
I love engaging with people, following new accounts and making my Instagram theme look like a warm cup of tea on an Autumn day (hint hint, you can follow my instagram here). But, I’m more than aware of insta lurkers and people from my hometown that still persist on being my biggest fan from the sidelines. You know what I mean? that creepy guy you were in an A level Philosophy class with who refuses to follow you, but still lurks on your Instagram stories? that kinda thing.
So, I decided to bring the nominations to my blog instead. Because sharing these facts on Instagram felt a little impersonal and my blog is my space where I can write to my hearts content and know people will enjoy reading it. Rather than bothering what the nosy parkers who haven’t spoken to me in six years, or the creepy guys have to say on the matter. So without further ado…
Shop Tobi Charlie Top / Asos Ribbed Skirt / Tortoiseshell Earrings
1. My real name is double barrelled as Jennifer-Leigh, me and my parents only came to this revelation when we came across my birth certificate a few years ago. I honestly felt like I’d been living my life as an imposter.
2. Did I ever really grow out of an emo phase? probably not. The first cd I ever purchased for myself was My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge when I was ten years old. I’ve grown up listening to them religiously and I remember sobbing into my Pasta King at sixth form when they announced they were breaking up. I’m still salty af about it, go listen to my spotify if you’d like a trip down memory lane.
3. I studied psychology and philosophy at college before I decided to make the decision to go down a creative career path. It was probably the best decision I ever made. My parents were sceptical at first because I scored highly on my GCSE’s and there’s a lot of industry perceptions about creative careers. I would definitely suggest giving academic subjects a try for a year to see what’s right for you. I knew it wasn’t for me right off the bat.
4. I took home the ‘best smile’ award at my secondary school prom. Which I think is ridiculously ironic now as I’m growing older and my wisdom teeth are pushing my teeth all over the place.
5. I am a self-confessed style chameleon, which I can only describe as merging all of the Bratz doll personas into one. My wardrobe is split into different categories: questionable prints, colours and eye watering clothes. Compared to more subtle, neutral, mumsy clothing like I’m wearing in these photos. Why? you tell me.
6. I love my own space and spending time with myself. I could lock myself in my room with a coffee machine and a packet of Lotus biscuits and I could be set for days. I think this is probably a downfall for me because I’m a bit of a flaky friend in that sense. I would much rather be sat in my pjs, heating cranked up, minding my own introverted beeswax.
7. Which brings me nicely into my next fact. I am a pyjama llama. I love them, short, long, fuzzy, thin, you name them – I’ve got em. They just solve all of my ever pressing problems. Stressed? put your pjs on, nothing to do? well you might aswell get back into your pjs. Who’s with me?
8. I’ve managed to hold down my boyfriend for five years and counting. Five. Whole. Years. I don’t know which side deserves a medal more but he’s definitely a keeper. Probably him, because he survived my terrible short hair phase.
9. I’m a Sagittarius, and it’s hilariously accurate. My weaknesses are along the lines of very impatient and promising more than they can deliver which is me in a nutshell. One of my supposed likes is off-the-wall theories and I couldn’t agree more either. I spend way too much time being sucked into the weird side of You Tube watching conspiracy videos and wondering how I can apply to be part of the illuminati.
10. I don’t wear my hair up because of my huge gaping forehead and my inability to grow a fringe. So, I always wear it down and curled enough to take the impact of my five head away. Though, weirdly enough, I think these photos are possibly my favourite set of blog pictures yet? Who’d’ve thought it?
Thanks for reading and getting to know me better. Take some inspo from this post and give it a go!